Local Reference Sources
- Jefferson County Extension Service, (304-728-7413).
- Berkeley/Jefferson Extension Master Gardener Association
- Eastern Panhandle Conservation District
- Claire Stuart, the Bug Lady, is an entomologist who would be happy to ID insects from your photos. She also welcomes questions that she can use in her column “Bug Lady” in the Martinsburg Journal on Fridays.
Do you belong to a local gardening-related group? Would you like a link to your site here? Contact the GEG and let us know.
- Elks Run Watershed Group: Mission: “To act as an advocate and steward of the Elks Run watershed by undertaking projects that will lead to pollution reduction and connecting citizens to the watershed.” See the Conservation Video Series for Homeowners and more.
- Ranson Old Town Community Gardens: Ranson is a small city in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. The city, along with Jefferson County Community Ministries and various service organizations, joined together to develop a series of community gardens. These gardens strengthen the social fabric of the community and allow us to provide healthy fruits and vegetables, free of charge, for those on a limited budget.